Thursday, April 14, 2011

Concert Mayhem!

Last night I went to go see one of my favorite bands, My Chemical Romance, live. I hadn't been to a concert in about two years and now I remember why. I arrived to the concert about an hour in a half before the show and I was finally decently excited and I met a nice group who I started hanging out with. When the two opening bands started I thought it was already bad. Little did I know the night was going to get worse, mainly for me. During the opening acts, everyone was literally shoulder to shoulder, groped and touched inappropriately and was I slightly felt like I was dying of lack of oxygen, the tall people have all the fresh air while the short people are stuck with hot body heat air that you can barely inhale. I would just like to state that yes, short people go to concerts too and maybe the taller people should be more open to helping the shorter ones, especially when if come to holding you ground. Anyway, at the concert the pushing became out of control but I finally made it to the third row. Out of no where everyone started pushing towards the middle which was where I was. This went on for several minutes with no letting up, lucking the guys around my friends and I were trying to help us stay up and keep our spots. Then we all went down. I think people should learn the difference between the floor and peoples body parts, maybe it's not a smart thing to be standing on someone and you would think they would notice, but sadly not. When the guys around me got up they then grabbed onto my arms and helped me up. When I finally got to me feet I realized my shoe was gone. Now for all of you who are reading this and aren't familiar with concerts, there is no way you can survive in a mosh-like setting without a shoe because your just asking to get hurt. Luckily the tall blond guy had my back. He could tell I needed to get out but the only way out was to be body passed to the security in front of the stage. He then told me to give him my knee or something so I did. He held onto legs while my arms were around his neck clinging for life. He held me for several seconds until everyone around us got their footing and I was, yes, body passed to the front where I was passed to the security guard. For the rest of the concert I hung out in back, and enjoying the music. I think that the idea of concerts has been changed in the last few years and it's no longer about enjoying the music. People care about pushing and moshing and possibly trying to get the attention they never got, I don't know. Though I wasn't in front because of obvious reasons, I still enjoyed myself though I'm super sore and missing my favorite converse shoes. I would just like to say that whoever that guy was who held me and helped me out, Thank you. You are a life saver. After all that pushing and snobby comments from everyone, I didn't think there was still decent people at a concert who aren't gonna walk all over you if you get in their way. Has the idea of concerts gotten out of control or are they just filled with over obsessed fans, me being one of them?

2 comments:

  1. Oh but that is half the fun of all concerts! I totally know where you're coming from though, I was body passed ON ACCIDENT! I can't really tell you how that happened but it did so next thing I knew I was close enough to touch Jeremy's hand from A Day To Remember. Anyway, I liked this (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was enjoyable to a point but losing my favorite pair of shoes kinda sucked.. alot. I am hoping to go to another concert and to have a better experience.

    ReplyDelete